Monday, March 07, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

I watch the Oscars every year and more importantly the red carpet specials.  Since I was a young girl I would sit with my Mum and watch the Oscars on TV, eyes glued to the screen to see who would win.  The most exciting part of the award ceremony for me was watching how elegantly the actresses in their beautiful gowns sashayed up to the podium and politely accepted their award.  This year I watched the Oscars from my new home in London, without my Mum.  It wasn't quite the same but I still stared in awe at the loveliness of the dresses on the red carpet.


I absolutely loved the shimmer fabric of Gwyneth Palthrow's Calvin Klein designed dress.  It flattered her slim frame beautifully and wouldn't have been the same without her signature straight sleek hairstyle.  Natalie Portman was radiant in purple with matching tassel earrings and young nominee Hailee Steinfeld wore Marchesa which was age appropriate and quiet delicate.  She must have felt like a true princess on the night!  There was only one actress and dress that completely wowed me though...Mandy Moore's Monique Lhuillier.  When I saw her appear on TV I was completely in love with it!  I have always adored Mandy's style and her gown at the Oscars cemented her status in my books as an inspiration and icon.  I thought no one would be able to top her dress but then she herself surprised me again when performing on stage with Zachary Levi.  All I can say is that it was divine!



  


Last, but not least, who could forget Anne Hathaway's incredible job as Oscar host.  It seemed as though Anne was carrying the show on her shoulders but carried on like a trooper.  Who ever did her incredible wardrobe changes and hairstyling is a genius.  Although I wasn't in love with all her gowns she did look fabulous in them all, especially the tuxedo outfit for her solo performance.  Go Anne!



1 comment:

  1. I loved all of Anne Hathaway's outfits too!! Especially the tuxedo... she made it look so good

    AnUnrefinedGentleman.Blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...