Saturday, June 02, 2012

Oh, the Jubilee!

Regent Street
How poorly my timing was that I missed the Queens Jubilee by two and a half weeks.  I should have anticipated the excitement and pageantry that would be this long weekend in the United Kingdom.  I keep seeing fabulous photos of Regent Street and Portobello Road on Pinterest and my friends in London are updating their facebook statuses regularly.  I am well jealous!  To make me further homesick from my 'home away from home' Vicki Archer from the delightful blog French Essence posted this wonderful post on facts about the Queen and to my astonishment the Queen doesn't have a passport... she issues them!

In true British style Vicki finishes with quotes from Downton Abbey.  My favourite was from Lady Grantham...

Lady Mary: "Sybil is entitled to her opinions"
Lady Grantham: " No.  She isn't until she is married, then her husband will tell her what her opinions are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...