Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I arrived home from my one week long getaway in Italy last night and had the best night's sleep in my own bed after being unusually restless on holiday!  I normally can sleep anywhere which my best friend can account for as I slept on all modes of transport this trip- planes, trains, buses and boats.  It was totally necessary on the buses and boats though as you can imagine the winding roads and the associated ill feeling you subsequently get.  Eeek!  Italy was amazing though and Florence was a winner in the leather handbags department where I bought 3 lovely bags for my growing collection.  We ate pasta for lunch then pizza for dinner and the following day ate more carb loaded food!  We wandered little streets and picked fresh ripe fruit from green grocers and consumed copious amounts of gelati everyday and sometimes twice a day!  It was exactly what I needed and was lovely to spend time with my best friend and reminisce about our 'old' lives in Australia.

Florence

Florence

Island of Capri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...