Saturday, August 13, 2011

Churchill and World War 2

Although not a very light topic to start the weekend with I headed in to Westminster today to visit the Churchill War Rooms and it was amazing!  The War rooms have been left as they were in the 1940's and prove to be one of the best things I have done while living in London.  The museum part of the bunker is incredibly informative and interactive and the actual war rooms used by Churchill and his staff are certainly eye opening to say the least.  At one point as we were entering the map room sirens sounded overhead as if to alert of a bombing air raid.  I was caught off guard and was surprised at the anxiety I felt when I heard the siren.  If you are ever in London put this on your list of must do things!


The man himself- Winston Churchill


His bowler cap became part of his image during the war








I also bought this fabulous poster in the CWR shop, they always put it at the end of the exhibition and get me at my weakest!  But I love it!

You can buy the poster here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...