Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I'm going to Italy for lunch

Yes, I am going to Italy for lunch!  While in Switzerland I was looking at a map of Europe dreaming about holidays and trips to make and contemplating how Australia is so vast compared to Europe, it is impossible to drive from one side of the country to the other in one day as it is in Switzerland.  I took the opportunity of a relaxing day in Switzerland to board a train to Milan, only 3 hours away by train.  It sounds so completely decadent and self indulgent and I think I may be spoiling myself just a little too much!  I have been to Milan previously with my parents while they were on work trips and for the past couple of years have made a short trip with my Mum for a girls getaway when they have been in Europe. 

The only problem with Milan’s shopping is that you need the big bucks to really get in to it, and I mean big bucks!  While everyone knows Milan as a fashion capital of the world with Prada, Miu Miu and Jil Sander showing every year at Fashion Week unless you have the bank balance to support it Milan can be quite a let down in the shopping stakes.  Of course there is a multitude of other things to do in Milan with Leonardo Da Vinci’s  ‘The Last Supper’ on display in a temperature controlled stone brick building or the regularly changing exhibitions at the Palazzo Reale but if you’re a high street lover Zara has a spectacular store on the Emmanuelle Vittorio which is 4 storeys high and has a separate menswear store next door.  H&M is dotted all over the city along with brands such as Desigual, Replay, Max Mara, Sisley and United Colours of Benneton.  Sephora is also available in Milan which is not available in the UK, yet.  So I spent the day wandering the streets of Milan which were completely still once off the main tourist traps of the Duomo.  I didn’t think I would ever find a place in Milan where the hustle and bustle of scooters and car horns beeping was non existent but that’s the peace a Sunday brings.




Walking the back streets proved amazing

Check out the roof top greenery
The Duomo

Central Station loves D&G

Amazing!

A tourist shot- just had to do it

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...